Sunday, January 30, 2011

Quotes


#1 -pg 100: “Many troops claimed that they took gold from houses because they couldn’t believe people like *that* could own gold.”

#2 -pg 46: “September 11 was a tragedy. Not because 3,000 Americans died…but because 3,000 humans died…”
 #3 -pg 34 “The Myth: Iraqis, prior to occupation, lived in little beige tents set up on the sides of little dirt roads all over Baghdad.”
“The Truth: Iraqis lived in houses with running water and electricity.”
#4 - pg 20 “You wouldn’t believe how many young Iraqi people know so much about American/British/French pop culture. They know all about Arnold Schwarzenegger, Brad Pitt, Whitney Houston, McDonalds and M.I.B.s”

#5- pg 15 “I feel pity watching them stand around, drinking what can only be lukewarm water after hours in the sun – too afraid to accept any proffered ice water from “strange Iraqis”.

#6 pg 6  “The first reaction (usually from Americans) is “You’re lying, you’re not Iraqi .” Why am I not Iraqi, well because, a. I have internet access (Iraqis have no internet), b. I don’t know how to use the internet (Iraqis don’t know what computers are)”



No comments:

Post a Comment